It has arrived!
Visit our HIPAA Omnibus Rule page for more information and resources
With the passage of HIPAA in 1996, and with the addition of the HITECH act in 2009, the two laws have had an epic journey of proposals, changes, comments and delays. A new passage in the HIPAA-HITECH story will be written when the HIPAA-HITECH Omnibus Final Rule (Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, Enforcement, and Breach Notification Rules) is published to the Federal Register which is expected in late June. The Omnibus Rule, that covers 4 previously proposed and interim final rules, was received by the OCR to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on March 24th for review before being published.
Update January 11th, 2013: The voting is now closed... stay tuned for more.
Update September 27th 2012: The breakdown so far...
Update June 6th 2012: Mostashari: HIPAA Rules Out by Summer's End
Will it get delayed again? No one knows, but we decided to have a little fun and help a good cause at the same time. So join ID Experts in our not very official FINAL COUNTDOWN contest pool!
What you're guessing:
- The year, month, and day the Omnibus HIPAA & HITECH Rule is published in the Federal Register.
- The page count of the Final Rule as it is published to the Federal Register.
What you will win:
- We will donate $2,500 in your name to the Wounded Warrior Project, a nonprofit that helps veterans in various ways transition to post war life. More information can be found here.
- $200 Amazon Gift Card
- 1 year subscription for RADAR
- Internet bragging rights*
Help us spread the message!
Please tweet, link, and share this contest to your HIPAA-HITECH friends and colleages. Remember it's for a good cause!
- Sign up below.
- One entry per household. A duplicate entry will disqualify you from the contest.
- Employees and associates of ID Experts and all federal employees are disqualified from participating.
- In the event of a tie, we will draw a name out of a very offical hat.
- ID Experts reserves the right to close entries into the contest at anytime.
A full list of rules can be found here.
* No cash value