Healthcare Data Breaches: Handle with Care
How the right cyber insurance can help healthcare organizations manage their unique risks
Webinar: November 13th, 2012
Data breaches are notorious for the financial, legal, and reputational damage they can inflict on an organization and its stakeholders. These risks are especially troubling for healthcare providers, since data breaches in this sector are up 32 percent and are costing the industry an estimated $6.5 billion according to the Ponemon Institute. The unique business of providing healthcare and the nature of information compromised—medical records and other health information—pose distinct threats to both providers and patients, and therefore require special care.
From The Blog
- Analyzing the US HIPAA Legacy and Future Changes on the Horizon
- What I learned at the ID 360 event in Austin
- Are You a HIPAA Business Associate? It isn’t as Simple a Question as it Sounds.
- Things you should know before going live with a Complete Data Breach Response Strategy
- How to manage employee based data breaches?