Webinar: HIPAA Final Rules What you need to know and do
Webinar: February 6th, 2013
On January 25, 2012, The Office for Civil Rights, under the Department of Health and Human Services published the Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, Enforcement, and Breach Notification Rules under the HITECH Act. The HIPAA Final Rules have long been awaited and speculated as to how they would affect covered entities and business associates with privacy and security risks and data breach notification.
Adam Greene, Partner with Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP. Adam is a former regulator at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), where he played a key role in administering and enforcing the HIPAA rules.
Mahmood Sher-Jan, Vice President of Product Management, ID Experts. Mahmood is responsible for strategy and development of Breach Prevention & Risk Assessment products and servicesand is a public speaker with published articles on data privacy and security.
Adam and Mahmood covered:
- Review the scope and history of the rules
- Key areas of change: what's new and what's different
- What the changes mean for covered entities and business associates
- Implications of the removal of the harm threshold from breach notification
- Guidance and recommendations for compliance
Download the slides here. (registration required)
To demo RADAR 2.5: Risk Assessment, Documentation and Reporting click here.